Welcome to our Religious Exploration Program! We call it “exploration” rather than education because we help children explore many faiths and develop their own spiritual path. Our purpose is to provide children with a safe, happy, and meaningful experience on Sunday mornings. Rather than indoctrinating children, we share their spiritual journey as seekers, promoting Unitarian Universalist principles.
Children are included in the Sunday worship service and can choose to participate in singing, the weekly food drive, and the children’s message or story. Religious Exploration facilitators then lead children to their classrooms in another part of the building. It is the policy of our congregation to maintain at least two adult members with each class at all times. In addition, all our facilitators have passed background checks.
1. Each person is important.
2. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with kindness.
3. We accept one another and learn together.
4. We are all free to search for what is true and right.
5. We all have a voice in things that concern us.
6. We work toward a peaceful, fair, and free world.
7. We care for our planet, the home we share with all living things.
For more information about our program, please contact us.